- Renting and staying in an RV was a complete new means of touring for me.
- It additionally got here with a bunch of choices to make and issues to contemplate that hadn’t crossed my thoughts earlier than.
- Not all roads are RV-friendly, you’ll be able to’t simply park an RV wherever, and the automobile’s measurement makes driving into cities a problem.
- Choosing the improper RV and never understanding your measurements can grow to be an enormous downside down the street.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
About 20 minutes into my first time renting an RV with a friend, I virtually lopped off the highest of the motor house whereas going by way of a tunnel that did not have sufficient clearance.
An hour later, I discovered myself at a gas station attempting to repair a unfastened side-view mirror.
At 2 a.m., I lastly crawled into mattress after having arrived at my campsite hours later than deliberate, and spending an excessive amount of time determining how you can flip the dinette right into a mattress as a result of no person advised me and I by no means requested.
These have been all errors that I may have simply prevented.
So you do not make the identical errors, I’ve compiled 14 frequent errors novice RV-ers make — together with a number of of my very own — and how you can stop them.